Wednesday, June 5, 2013

But I Liked The Old One

I know that I haven't written anything in awhile, given the things that have happened in the sports world. I had to take a brief sabbatical. I had some issues with my team...

It happens.

I was convinced that I need to watch the Rangers before the All Star game, it would be worth it... LIES!

I watched and then I watched a game where we intentionally walked two, loaded the bases and then proceeded to deliver up a home run. UGH!

Frustrating.

So I stopped watching sports for a little while. Like I said; it happens.

But given new developments in my life and career I think that staying focused in the sports arena for awhile is probably the best idea right now.

So this morning I get on FB and there is a big announcement from my beloved Stars.

Yes... I didn't pay attention, because of the hockey lock out. As a fan I get frustrated. Just play already. Shortened seasons because you can't figure out your tamper tantrums is ridiculous. And I'll leave it at that.

I'm not sure what to make of the Stars announcement of the new logo and image overhaul of the branding through out the franchise.

I can't say that I dislike it... But I can't really say that I like it either.

And I'm not really sure to make of the green jersey...

Odd I know. You would think that this would all be up a woman's alley, oddly enough I think that I might have more of an opinion about them acquiring a new goalie to add to the line up, which strangely I am both proud and some what humored by.

I guess the real questions you have to ask is this. are you still going to watch? Yes.
Would you purchase the merch? If I can wear the green sure (oh, look a girl-ish answer).

I'm thinking that the new logo seems a bit redundant to me... almost like I've seen it somewhere else...hmmm.

When I first looked at the logo it seemed very reminiscent of the Anaheim revamp that they did with their logo.









But It could just be me and my analytical nature.

And that is this sports junkies opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment