Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 3 Recap


Okay before anyone gripes about the U of H uniform in the background, let me say I know, I know, I know... However, ladies take a moment and enjoy the view. Like I said there is never a bad game when you are a woman we can enjoy things about sports that men just can't. Celebrate that uniqueness. Which if you are a Texas Tech fan that would have been useful attribute, on Thursday, which I will get to in a moment, but first enjoy the photo a little more. Enjoy it like I did the fact that I have family members who think that I could score a man like Kingsbury. Not sure what that says about me or him. Oh well....

Alright, guys now here is the stuff that you want... Miss Junkie's opinion on the great games over the weekend. Cause I'm sure you all value what the tata's have to say about the super masculine sport. Lol!

Let's start out with the early game this week, Texas Tech took on TCU on Thursday with all eyes on the nation on us... Well, we were the only game on it stands to reason.

Let me start out by saying that this particular game, because both teams were working on a short week, ended up being the winner actually sucked less than the other guys.

Both teams had Saturday games and then had to turn around and play Thursday night. And Kliff said it the week before that it will come down to who handles the short week better... or in this case who sucked less.

The Tech TCU game was the ugliest Texas Tech win I have ever seen, but there are still some things that happened and were exposed... Well... to others.

So one thing that is going to be and issue and has been for Tech is size. On the line, off the line, in general Tech has been a small team for a long time. Which is usual talking fodder for the talking heads, but there was a clear cut reason that there is a difference between Mayfield and Webb and a lot of it has to do with sight down field. If you can't see down the field you can't make the plays. So being as big as the line is important and why guys like Vince Young were dynamo's.

There were stupid mistakes on both teams, but the one thing that remains the same is that Tech's defense has got to close that hole in the middle. Thank you Boykin! I should have been making money on bets. One thing that Boykin does and does well is run... He's not really a QB, so if the defense gives him a hole to run, run he shall, and run he did.

Now to look at the Offense. Tech I loved that you have such a deep and diverse receiving pool. Why didn't you use it the way you have in games past? At certain points I was pretty sure that Mayfield was connecting with Amaro just because he is the only guy that Mayfield could see over the line.

And lastly I have to pose a few questions about Mayfield himself. He's young, he's a walk on freshman and everyone is watching to see if Kingsbury has that "touch" when it comes to QB's... However... Oh you knew it was coming... However, Mayfield when you get tired your age and inexperience hangs out, bad. If a fan in the stands can see it, I guarantee you that a guy on the D line can smell it and they will be coming for you. So get that tucked back in, thanks.

Now here is the real question, with Mayfield how good is his mental game? I mean if he is having a hard time fighting through the fatigue mentally, how well can he fight the mental game when the Red Raiders are going to have to fight to come back from behind? Are we gonna see a team like that of A&M on Saturday, or are we gonna see the usual roll over and die Tech? Things that only time can answer.

And I'm not even gonna touch on the more painful parts of the game that include the referees, a dropped carry at the half yard line, because someone decided to celebrate sooner than he should have... And then there was a fox...

Speaking of foxes...

Mild side note: Kliff thank you for taking the plays out of the front of your pants, way less distracting, and the way I hear it... Most women want to reach down your pants anyway... But its not for your plays (yes, I went there)

On to the one game I couldn't wait to see all season and didn't have to wait long for the A&M Bama rematch.

Let me first say that I picked Bama for the win, but I was thinking that it would be more of a repeat of the Bama LSU game a few years ago where it all came down to who had the better kicker. I will say that this game did expose the machine. There are some flaws there Bama, and Saban knows it. I'm pretty sure that Saban knows they got lucky.

The arguments in the office are the difference of interceptions. I think those were good things for A&M, for no other reason than to remind Manziel that he isn't completely untouchable. However, there was no humiliating defeat that the nation was waiting for... Which I still don't understand why people seek so much pleasure in watching the failure of others?... But that is beside the point.

One thing that I did enjoy watching was A&M dig deep and close the gap. I then enjoyed watching Saban give the cue to kill as much clock as possible, so that Bama could walk away with the win. Now the men are talking about a no interception game would have gone the other way totally... Maybe.

I like talking about just a one interception game... That would have been a barn burner for sure and is why I love watching this sport. Cause let's face it the machine that is Alabama only needs one small thing to go right to act as a catalyst.

The Heisman talk that is surrounding Manziel I think is spot on, in order for him to repeat, A&M will have to be in the hunt for the SEC Championship... So with that thought I'm hoping that the team that comes up and surprises Alabama is Georgia, and they very well might. Its still early and as we all know injuries change seasons in a split second. So I will keep watching like the ultimate fan I am.

And congratulations to Ole Miss for beating UT... Maybe Brown will hang it up and UT will get rid of their network, but I doubt it....

And that is just this junkie's opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment