Tuesday, September 3, 2013

When Your Female There's Never A Bad Football Game



So this weekend I of course did my homework over teams and even more importantly I took in some games. 

But while I was enjoying the game and very worried that all the Tech hype was gonna be turned into dismay... well... because let's face it, Tech fans are an odd breed. It was pointed out to me that the man in the above picture Tech's own Jordan Davis is a very good looking man. I looked and sure enough the female that pointed this out to me was right. This brought up a point to me that every female sports junkie in the world can attest too.

We never have to sit through a bad game. If our team is losing, no problem, find the cute guy that is doing well and cheer him on. Most men can't do this and every good woman knows that when her man's team loses its not exactly a happy day. So ladies, remember we never watch a bad game.

Now on to the important stuff the dissection of last weeks games.

I won't be overly harsh or critical, because it is week one, but there were some things that did stand out.

Let's start off with the Big 12... Well, because its where I work and play and it is one of the toughest conferences in the country. We play every conference team every season. And a lot of years there are a few heavy hitters in the conference. So starting off OSU is slated to be the Big 12 champions... I'm still not sure why, but hey, maybe the talking heads know some things that the tata's just don't. With that said I will be keeping a close eye on TCU.

Yes I said TCU. Look at the game that they chose to play right off the bat. Picking LSU as your first game for a non conference was risky to say the least. The injury factor alone is reason enough for me to question how worth it would be. But it did show me something that I'm sure will be over looked a lot. TCU fought... hard. Yeah they might have lost to LSU, but a 10 point loss to a team that should have put up bigger numbers says a lot. I think that TCU will be the dark horse of the Big 12 for multiple reasons. They started making waves last year, but couldn't stay healthy and keep up the momentum. I'm kind of crossing my fingers that, that won't be the case this season.

I already discussed Tech and Kingsbury's supposed "Heisman Touch" that people are watching for and no one is talking about here.

Now let's move into the SEC.

Of course Alabama is a machine. Do you expect any less? Not from a school that is about to be the first college football team in history to accomplish a possible three peat National Championship title.

Now if you believe the talking heads there might be a contender or two that could put a kink in that. Georgia being one of the teams. And the Georgia Clemson game was a bit of a barn burner. So these will be teams that you need to keep an eye on.

Now on to Manziel and A&M... I'm doing this only because I have friends that oddly think that I think that Manziel is a god send when it comes to football. I'm not gonna lie the kid is fun to watch, but if we keep seeing what we saw this last weekend. I think Manziel will be riding the pine pony.

For those of you that have been cave dwelling over the last couple of months you need to know that Manziel was investigated by the NCAA for signing merchandise and profiting from it... Okay...

Anyway the NCAA closed the case and slapped Manziel on the wrist with a half game penalty. So Manziel had to sit out the first half of the Rice game. Which was nice for a junkie like me. It gave me the opportunity to see how much depth the Aggies had as far as QB's go. The QB under Manziel, Joeckel, wasn't overly stunning. But this kid is smart, looks for the options, and was connecting well with his receivers. 

Now that's what I learned during the first half.

During the second half there were some things that showed up that Sumlin will have to get under control. His super star QB being on top of that list. Manziel mouthing and carrying on the way he did, just showed every team in the nation that it doesn't take a lot to get under this kids skin. And that Manziel doesn't have the leadership that he needs to create a cohesive team. 

Now I realize that the last half of the game was his first half of the season and I hope that Sumlin gets a hold of Manziel. I then hope that next week a very different team takes the field. I will be the first to admit that the team that I saw in the second half of the game this past weekend won't be able to beat Alabama. 

So those will be things to be watching for. 

I will be watching Cincinnati and Tommy Tubberville, because of the possibility that there might be an ACC team in it to win it this year. And I do have to send out a congrats to Auburn for their win over Washington State.

Until prediction time boys... watch game film and then come play along later this week. (hint, hint, wink, wink)

Until the weekend my junkies!  


No comments:

Post a Comment